If you hadn’t already realised Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise is officially now available. Systems Assurance has remained pretty quiet about Windows 8 up until now. There wasn’t much point shouting about it; It’s available for our business customers through your Volume and Software Assurance Licensing programmes, so go explore!!
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Microsoft Windows XP ends 8th April 2014. I know we have a while to go yet but it will creep up on you when you’re not looking.