0114 292 firstname.lastname@example.org
For your manufacturing business
Systems Assurance Ltd
In a world that’s continually evolving, businesses cannot afford to stand still. They must continually invest in technology to ensure they can adapt and survive. In no sector does this apply more than in manufacturing.
Now is the time for British manufacturers to make the right preparations for the challenges that lie ahead. Whilst the next few years may not be easy, the latest advancements in Industrie 4.0 technologies could open a whole new world of opportunity to revive the UK manufacturing industry.
With over 25 years in the business of IT, Systems Assurance works with some of the largest manufacturing companies in the world. Not only are we experts in the provision of Microsoft technologies, but we also deliver bespoke, professional services that are tailored to achieve the specific business objectives of manufacturers.
To learn more about what we do, speak to a member of our team today
0114 292 2911 or email email@example.com
Preventing Cyber attacks
Revival of Manufacturing?
Why Azure is the best choice
Why you need Cyber Essentials
Using Dynamics for CRM & ERP
Ready for a Data Centre Update?
The Digital Transformation Journey
Gone are the days where you could choose from having only two benefits in a choice of fast, cheap or good quality. Tomorrow’s manufacturers will potentially be able to offer all three by capitalising on Industrie 4.0 technologies.
Setting up a Digital Transformation Project
Managing change is never easy. Even in smaller companies where physical implementation may be simpler, cultural idiosyncrasies often exist across different functions that can present barriers to progress. Bringing different parts of an organisation together in a co-ordinated effort can be the hardest part of any new implementation. However, with the right planning, processes and communication it doesn’t need to be a difficult process.
Small and often is the key
Change cannot happen all at once, so it’s important that consideration is given as to how digital transformation can be broken down into individual smaller projects.
“The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.”.
Bill Gates, Founder and Chairman, CEO & Chief Software Architect of Microsoft Corporation
The Digital Transformation Process – 7 Steps
1 – Transformation needs researched and identified
- checkMap the broader service and competitor landscape
- checkResearch and identify transformation needs
- checkDefine the overall requirements
- Shortlist requirements by priority
- Select immediate projects with clear objectives
- Define metrics that will be used to measure success
2- Project sign off
- checkDevelop the transformation road map
- checkPerform Due Diligence: explore full range of possible solutions (third party and/or in house capabilities)
- checkCreate business case
- Secure commitment from senior stakeholders
3 – Engage teams and define responsibilities
- checkAppoint project teams and allocate responsibilities
- checkSet clear tasks and deadlines
- checkCreate clear transformation plan to record progress across teams
4 – Transformation needs researched and identified
- checkInclude clear milestones and expectations for project delivery
- checkClarify any actions or changes in processes that are expected to occur and when these will happen
- checkInform any suppliers/partners/customers and others in the supply chain of any changes that might affect them
5 – Implementation
- checkBeta testing
- checkImplement business change
- checkImplement technology change
6 – Assessment
- checkMonitor change adoption
- checkMeasure change performance
- checkReport back to senior stakeholders
- Update business-wide stakeholders on performance
7 – Review & Improve
- checkPhase out old technology
- checkContinually review, adapt and improve
Want the full plan?
Get your free guide on the future of IT in the manufacturing sector
Our free 16 page guide takes a look at British manufacturing and how Industrie 4.0 is changing the manufacturing landscape.It Includes:
- An overview of Industrie 4.0 technologies
- How technology is already fuelling a revival of the British manufacturing industry
- What you need to consider when choosing a cloud hosting provider
- Steps to co-ordinating a successful digital transformation project
- Realising the value from Big Data
Download our Guide here
We will not use your information for anything other than sending you this PDF guide.
Systems Assurance Ltd
The Old Vicarage, 12 Collegiate CrescentSheffield, South Yorkshire – S10 2BAPhone: +44 (0) 114 292 4000Sales: +44 (0) 114 292 2911Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgShare0Tweet0Share0Latest PostIs it time to wave a final goodbye to those dusty, energy-consuming old servers? The requirement for their own dedicated[…]Is it time to wave a final goodbye to those dusty, energy-consuming old servers? The requirement for their own dedicated[…]Newsletter Sign UpSubscribe