WHY IS A SQL SERVER HEALTH CHECK IMPORTANT?
With any system it is important to regularly assess that it is fit for purpose and with SQL Server this includes key areas that every Instance should have configured appropriately:
- Best practice configuration
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery SLA (Service Level Agreement) compliance
- Maintenance (log management, index management, growth mechanics)
What’s Included?An initial briefing to understand the purpose of the system and any potential areas for concern.A custom health check program to investigate and assess with respect to system requirements and best practice:
- Database Sizes
- Database Disk locations, types and sizes
- Memory settings and utilisation
- Number of CPUs and configuration within SQL
- Database Maintenance and fragmentation
- Security Settings
- SQL Configuration Settings
- Disaster Recovery (DR) Provision
- High Availability (HA) Provision
- Correct use of Indexes
The output will be a report detailing:
- Environment configuration details
- Configuration against best practice
- Recommendations for any remedial action and improvements
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?The health-check itself does not include any remedial work and is intended for the sole purpose of investigation, reporting and recommendation.
COSTSSingle instance of SQL Server (non-clustered or two node cluster) – 2 daysMultiple SQL Server instances (non-clustered or two node cluster) – 2 days plus 0.5 days per each additional instanceWHAT’S NEXT?By carrying out the SQL Server Health Check service customers are provided with an indicative cost, risk and impact analysis to quickly decide the actual migration, planning and deployment phases.Why not have a quick chat with a member of our pre-sales team to find out if this is suitable for your business – 0114 292 2911 or drop us an email.