Migrate SQL Server databases or instances to new and improved environments
Why is a SQL Server Migration important?A SQL Server Migration is the process of moving a previous implementation of SQL Server to a different version or different platform due to strategic factors such as SQL Server Licensing considerations or extensibility planning.What are the benefits for your company and end users?
- Virtualise and consolidate with Windows Server: Scale up on-premises or via private cloud with Windows Server 2012 R2. Reduce costs by consolidating more database workloads on fewer servers, and increase agility.
- Reduce TCO and increase availability with Microsoft Azure: Azure Virtual Machines can help reduce the total cost of deployment, management, and maintenance of your enterprise database applications
- Enable new business models in the cloud: This helps you ensure your database and business is up and running with a flexible platform to meet specific availability needs cost-effectively. It will improve business continuity with increased HA and DR facilities in SQL Server 2014.
What’s Included?When migrating SQL Server it is critical to consider the Migration Path. This includes the following:
- Data Source: Understand the SQL Server Version and the capabilities of the current SQL Implementation.
- Data Destination: Establish the intended SQL Server Version and environment that is desired or needed.
- Supported Path: Determine the steps and actions needed to achieve the migration. This can be a direct migration or more likely a staged migration.
What’s not Included?The planning session does not include the actual migration but defines the processes needed to support such an upgrade that will work for your organisation.COSTSSingle instance of SQL Server (non-clustered or two node cluster) – 2 daysMultiple SQL Server instances (non-clustered or two node cluster) – 2 days plus 0.5 days per each additional instanceWHAT’S NEXT?By carrying out the SQL Server Migration service you are provided with an indicative costs, risk and impact analysis which will enable you to quickly move to the actual migration planning and deployment phases.This service scales to thousands of servers and is design to accelerate projects to reach the point of migration as quickly as possible.Why not have a quick chat with a member of our pre-sales team to find out if this is suitable for your business – 0114 292 2911 or drop us an email.