WHY IS A SQL SERVER PERFORMANCE REVIEW IMPORTANT?SQL Server and any associated databases are complex software and can quickly deteriorate in performance for many reasons such as inefficient code, SQL mis-configuration, network latency or I/O stalls.Without having an in-house DBA or database specialist, it can be almost impossible to identify the source of performance issues.Improving or updating a database management system is not just a maintenance task, but an opportunity to derive new business value.
What’s Included?The SQL Server estate will be investigated in order to ascertain suitability for purpose as well as to identify areas for improvement, both in technical and performance terms. This includes checking:
- Basic performance measures for the server are on line (CPU, Memory, IO)
- Databases are performing adequately with respect to I/O
- Instances are correctly configured for workload type
- Any obvious badly performing queries
- Number of concurrent users
- Table and Row locking considerations
- Index tuning and maintenance analysis
- Storage Configuration
- Appropriate database configuration
- File placement analysis
- Collation sequences
- Size and growth management
- Partitioning (tables and views)
What’s not included?The health-check itself does not include any remedial work and is intended for the sole purpose of investigation, reporting and recommendation.CostsSingle instance of SQL Server (non-clustered or two node cluster) – 2 daysMultiple SQL Server instances (non-clustered or two node cluster) – 2 days plus 0.5 days per each additional instance
This service scales to thousands of servers and is design to accelerate projects to reach the point of migration as quickly as possible.
WHAT’S NEXT?By carrying out the SQL Server Performance Review service customers are provided with an indicative costs, risk and impact analysis to help you with the actual migration planning and deployment phases.Why not have a quick chat with a member of our pre-sales team to find out if this is suitable for your business – 0114 292 2911 or drop us an email.